The following are UMA’s school rules & regulations for the training environment.
If you have any questions concerning these regulations, by all means, ask the instructor.
EQUIPMENT & ATTIRE
- Attire is informal, yet should allow for free range of movement. No metal snaps, exposed zippers, jewelry, or anything hazardous that could harm your training partner or damage the mats.
- You must wear wrestling shoes or train barefoot on the mats. No street shoes!
- Hand protection is mandatory when striking focus mitts, pads, punching bags, etc.
- At a minimum, inexpensive boxing handwraps will suffice. (Wraps can be purchased from UMA or ask the Instructor for a list of recommended equipment suppliers.)
- Use of personal equipment needs approval by the Instructor and must be kept clean and in good repair. Please use your own cleaning products and reserve UMAproducts for UMA gear.
- Store your gear and personals so the floor remains uncluttered.
- Free sparring & grappling is only allowed under the direct supervision of an instructor.
- If engaged in sparring, students must wear proper safety equipment. Mouth guards and gloves are mandatory. Males should have and use a groin protector.
- Members assume total responsibility for their safety and physical condition. Inform the Instructor and your training partner of any injury or condition which may limit or restrict your movement.
- Any injuries must be reported to the Instructor at the time they occur.
HEALTH AND HYGIENE
- Stay hydrated. Bring a water bottle and replenish yourself whenever needed. Keep bottles clear from the training environment.
- Keep fingernails and toenails trimmed and clean. Long hair should be tied back and jewelry removed.
- After class clean all equipment you used.
- Read club information and educate yourself about MRSA and staph infection.
- Don’t chew gum while training.
- The UMA Club does not have a cleaning staff. It is up to members to keep the bathroom clean and tidy. Let the Instructor know when supplies (first aid, cleaning, etc.) need restocking.
- A person causing damage to UMA property shall be liable for repair or replacement.
- Make certain you understand when the next payment is due. Mark your calendar. Never expect the Instructor to excuse a lack of donation. To attend without contributing is unfair to those training and undermines the student/teacher relationship.
- These rules are intended as a general guideline. A student should endeavor to behave in accordance with good manners, common decency and common sense.